If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is not your typical brussels sprouts recipe, however, the intricate combination of the cayenne-chocolate flavors will make even the biggest brussels sprouts critic fall in love with this veg! My fascination with making unusual flavors work together inspired this recipe. - Mariya
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1.5 cups brussels sprouts-quartered, with ends trimmed
- 2 ounces olive oil
- 1 tablespoon shallot-minced
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1.5 cups chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons dark chocolate-chopped
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Combine balsamic vinegar with olive oil and add brussels sprouts; marinate for 10 minutes.
- Add olive oil to a hot sauté pan and sweat shallots.
- Add marinated brussels sprouts to pan and sauté on high heat for ~3 min.
- Add cayenne and chicken stock-to the half-way point of the brussels sprouts.
- As soon as the liquid comes to a boil, turn the heat down, and simmer (covered) until brussels sprouts are just tender (approximately 15 min); remove brussels sprouts.
- Add the rest of the chicken stock to the pan and reduce the liquid by half; season.
- Take the pan off the heat and add chocolate, until melted.
- Serve the pan sauce over brussels sprouts.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Best Brussel Sprouts