If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is an healthy, quick and super easy summer recipe you can eat right away or make in advance the day before. —heirloom
- 2 cups farro
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces parmigiano cut in small cubes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs you like
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Boil farro al dente for 20 minutes. Drain in a colander and cool with cold water to stop the cooking. When cool season with a little oil.
- Prepare fake pesto: rinse herbs and let aside. In a chopper/grinder coarsely grind parmigiano, salt and pine nuts. Add herbs and grind more. You want to obtain a coarse rough mixture.
- Season farro with fake pesto and cherry tomatoes. Adjust salt and oil. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cherry Tomatoes
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish