Author Notes: This is an healthy, quick and super easy summer recipe you can eat right away or make in advance the day before. - heirloom
- 2 cups farro
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces parmigiano cut in small cubes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs you like
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Boil farro al dente for 20 minutes. Drain in a colander and cool with cold water to stop the cooking. When cool season with a little oil.
- Prepare fake pesto: rinse herbs and let aside. In a chopper/grinder coarsely grind parmigiano, salt and pine nuts. Add herbs and grind more. You want to obtain a coarse rough mixture.
- Season farro with fake pesto and cherry tomatoes. Adjust salt and oil. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cherry Tomatoes
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish