If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This salad surprised me with it's goodness. I wasn't so sure how raw squash would turn out but I'll go ahead and tell you it was a great dish. Perfect for when you want to throw a salad together with minimal cooking time. The dressing is simple and the flavors really pop with the crunchy prosciutto and tangy feta.
This salad would pack well for a picnic or if you're worried about the toppings just bring them in separate bags and toss in at the last minute. It's quite beautiful too, isn't it? Serve it up to impress and I'm sure you will.
Recipe is thanks to Cooking Light. - goodspoon
- 3-5 small zucchini and squash
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 pieces thinly sliced prosciutto, chopped
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- Shave the zucchini and squash either with a kitchen mandolin or vegetable peeler. Discard the seeded parts. Place the strips in a bowl and toss with salt.
- Combine mint and next 4 ingredients in a bowl and stir with a whisk or fork. Pour over squash and toss with your hands.
- Heat a skillet and crisp up the prosciutto for about 2 minutes. Portion out the squash salad onto plates then top with proscuitto and feta.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish
Fried Toast and Ice Cream Floats.
A list of things we like.
Listing What We Like.
3 Ways to Compost
Go play outside!
DIY Herb Rubs
Not-so traditional pesto