If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This salad combines some of my favorite tastes and looks pretty with the green, white and red (or yellow or orange, depending upon your tomatoes). It's a quick one to make and easy to take on a picnic, too. —BlueKaleRoad
- 1 pound broccoli florets, cut into bite sized pieces
- 7 ounces feta cheese, cubed
- 1 pint cherry or baby heirloom tomatoes, halved
- 4 ounces hazelnuts, toasted and chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- Steam the broccoli florets lightly and run under cold water to cool. You want to soften them a bit but make sure they still have some crunch.
- Combine broccoli, feta, tomatoes and hazelnuts in a serving bowl.
- Whisk or shake the oils, vinegar, garlic, agave nectar, mustard, salt and pepper until emulsified.
- Toss salad with dressing and serve. If taking on a picnic, bring dressing in a little jar and toss before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish
Have Towel, Will Travel
We give it 8 tentacles up
We give it 8 tentacles up.
A toast to toast.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.
Freestyle berry jam.
Octopi my heart.