If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Not sure about the best picnic dish, but certainly a nice addition to a sandwich soiree. I have three sandwiches to offer and guests will bring the wine, should be interesting to see which wines go with which sandwiches.
My husband test drove the egg salad offering...
Serves 4-6 sandwiches
- 1/2 dozen boiled eggs, chopped, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 8-12 slices of buttered sandwich bread, multi-grain or Pepperedgie Farm sandwich bread
- Arugula, Butter,Bibb or Romaine lettuce leaves washed
- 1 small Kirby cucumber, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil mayo
- 1 tablespoon Marzetti's Caesar Dressing
- 1 teaspoon chopped capers
- salt and pepper
- Boil eggs, peel, chop, and season with salt and pepper, add cucumbers, onions, parsley. Blend dressing ingredients and fold into eggs, make sandwiches adding lettuce of your choice. Sandwich Soiree
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Simple, Springy Leek Soup
A well-rounded bud vase.
The Best Cinnamon Rolls