If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This original and very tasty salad’s recipe I adapted from my sister who loves any dishes which include eggplants.
I made this salad with deferent cheeses and lettuces and also toasted walnuts or pecans scattered on top.
For transporting use a safe food container and serve on paper plates or on sturdy slices of ray or sourdough bread.
- • 1 medium bunch Arugula or any lettuce of your choice
- • 2 medium eggplants, unpeeled, washed and ends cut of
- • 3 tablespoons olive oil (some more if needed)
- • 1 lemon juiced
- • 1 large garlic clove, minced
- • Salt and freshly grinned black pepper
- • 1 cup good quality Havarti cheese cut in small cubes
- • 1 tablespoon fresh parsley leaves or any other herb of your choice
- Cut the eggplants lengthwise in slices, then in bite size cubes and salt them liberally. Transfer to a colander and leave for about 20 to 30 minutes to drain; then rinse and dry thoroughly in paper towels.
- Meanwhile wash and dry the lettuce, cut or torn into pieces, mince garlic and cube the cheese.
- In a large skillet heat 2 tablespoons olive oil on medium-high heat and sauté eggplants in portions, adding a little of the remaining oil, until browned on all sides about 10 minutes each portion.
- When ready, gently toss the eggplants with garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste. Add lettuce and cheese cubes, transfer to a platter or a salad bowl, top with some more olive oil and fresh herb leaves.
- Serve warm or room temperature. For transporting use a safe food container and serve on paper plates or on sturdy slices of ray or sourdough bread.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish
Chou Family Potstickers
The legacy of a mother's recipe
Chou family potstickers.
Met Ball or meatball?
Fire up the grill.
Dipped Walnut Tongs
Sweet, ripened stone fruit.