If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I converted the biggest Brussel Sprout hater in my house with this recipe and I bet you can make any kid like them in this version. The inspiration for this recipe came to me during a lecture about migration and transnationalism. - Janneke Verheij
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 50 milliliters olive oil
- 50 milliliters heavy cream
- 50 milliliters whole milk
- 2 eggs
- generously pepper and salt
inside the cake
- 400 gram Brussel Sprouts
- 1 big shallot
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 handful cashew nuts
- 60 gram Old Amsterdam (or another aged yellow cheese if you can't find it)
- Preheat the oven to 180C / 360F.
- Clean the Brussel Sprouts by cutting the ends and remove the dirty outside leaves. Wash and cut them in two or four when they are big. Try to find the small ones because the leaves are packed very tightly together, and they will stay together when you cut them, the big ones will fall apart. Heat some oil in the pan and bake the sprouts on a medium fire. Cut the garlic and shallot small and toss them together with the Sprouts. Bake until the Sprouts are tender.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, 3/4 shredded Old Amsterdam, pepper and salt. Mix in another cup the eggs, oil, cream and the milk. Add the liquid to the flour and stir until you have a smooth mixture.
- Add a handful of cashew nuts and the Brussel Sprouts with the garlic and onion.
- Pour the mixture in a well greased cake tin, sprinkle the rest of the old Amsterdam on top and bake for about 30 minutes in the oven.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Best Brussel Sprouts
Heat Without Fear
Spice up your life.
Vegetarian Ma Po Tofu
Easygoing banana bread.
DIY Herb Rub
Fried Goat Cheese with Honey and Black Pepper
Go play outside!