If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A favorite, simple to make salad of mine is a platter of romaine, ripe tomatoes, cucumber, feta and kalamata olives with an oregano vinaigrette. Serve with fresh pita, extra vinaigrette and/or tzatziki for dipping. These ingredients travel well; keep them cooled, and upon arrival to your destination arrange on a platter. Pair up with a favorite bottle of wine, perfect summer picnic fare. **Recipe was inspired by a drbab’s Horiatiki Salad, found onsite. —lapadia
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup good olive oil
- Crisp romaine lettuce enough for 2
- 1 large tomato, seeded and cut into approximately 2? pieces
- 1 large cucumber, seeded, peeled and cut into chunks that are roughly the same size as the tomatoes
- Red onion halved, thinly sliced (opt)
- 8 kalamata olives, pitted
- 2 ounces feta cheese, cut into cubes about the same size as the tomatoes and cucumbers
- 1 tablespoon parsley rough chopped (flat leaf or curly)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Arrange the salad ingredients on a platter. Whisk the vinaigrette ingredients together. Drizzle over the salad. Pour extra dressing into a bowl so you can dip your pita into it.
- Pita Bread: http://www.food52.com/recipes/5053_pita_bread
- Tzatziki: http://www.food52.com/recipes/8961_tzatziki
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Lettuce
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish
Genius Recipes for a Genius Labor Day
Beans! Pimento cheese! pies!
Genius recipes for a genius Labor Day.
Ways to a money-saving kitchen.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
The Hudson Valley's where it's at.
Get your shine on.