If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Radish sandwiches are a favorite of mine. That combination of butter, salt and radish is just divine. Sometimes I have to stop myself from eating them everyday. They can be enjoyed with an herb butter on thinly sliced bread which looks pretty, or by tearing off a hunk of baguette, swiping it in soft butter, sticking a couple radish slices on top and sprinkling with salt. Your choice...both are delicious! - BlueKaleRoad
Food52 Review: There is little better than radishes, newly pulled from the garden, dipped in butter and dusted with sea salt. BlueKaleRoad uses the combination of radish, butter and herbs to its best advantage. Butter softens the spicy flavor without diminishing it. The lemon basil adds a light citrus finish. I used a loaf of levain, KerryGold butter and white icicle radishes from my garden. I had to “borrow” lemon basil from my neighbor’s hedge as I couldn’t find any at the local farmer’s market. This recipe is a lovely lunch. On small toasts, BlueKaleRoad’s recipe would make a beautiful starter. - Hilarybee —Hilarybee
Serves 1 (easily doubles)
- 2 thin slices of your favorite bread
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 10 lemon basil leaves
- a few grinds of grains of paradise or black pepper
- 2 large radishes, thinly sliced
- sea salt to taste
- Lighly toast the slices of bread and let cool.
- Roughly chop the lemon basil leaves. With a mortar and pestle, pound the butter, leaves and grains of paradise together until well mixed.
- Smear each slice of toast with 1/2 tablespoon of herbed butter. Arrange radish slices on top and sprinkle with sea salt. Enjoy!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw
In Queso Were Wondering
Cashews are the mvp of vegan ingredients
This queso is nuts.
Keep your bubbly bubbly.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Our guide to the Eastern Shore.
Get your shine on.