If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a study in contrasts between sweet and sour, purple and yellow, soft and hard. In my photos I have lined up the ingredients, which on the top you can the salt. If you do not have lemon verbena, you can substitute thai basil, pineapple sage, or chives. My cat was much less interested in this salad, as the photos attest. - Sagegreen
- 1 cup of diced mango
- 1 cup of thinly sliced red cabbage
- 8 lemon verbena leaves
- 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon finely grated peeled fresh ginger, optional
- pinch of salt grated from a raw chunk of pink Himalayan
- light drizzle of EVOO
- Gently combine the diced mango and sliced cabbage.
- Roll the herbal leaves up tightly and snip finely into the salad.
- If you like grate about a teaspoon each of lime zest and fresh ginger onto the salad. Juice the lime and slowly pour evenly over the salad. Toss gently.
- Grate a pinch of salt onto the salad. Finish this with a light drizzle of EVOO (a first cold pressed preferred...this is when you can be glad you leased an olive tree through Nudo).
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw
Tags: dualities in the raw