If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I am so glad that I made this beautiful and elegant dessert for Fathers Day and even didn’t forget to ask my granddaughter to take a picture.
Original name of this torte is “Lemon-Hazelnut Torte” and is assembled with 4 baked hazelnut-meringue 8-inches in diameter coils, which are baked in 200 degrees oven for 2and 1/2 hours and the lemon cream is made with a homemade lemon curd.
Since I had to cook a lot for our Fathers Day dinner, I bought most of the ingredients in Whole Food’s and only whipped the cream, made the Raspberry Sauce and assembled the torte. (Can be made 2 days ahead).
The original recipe belongs to a pastry chef Emily Luchetti.
I got it from a Bon Appétit magazine for April 1993 that is six month before our family came to America.
For the Torte:
- • 2 packages Amaretti Cookies
- • 1 jar (10-OZ) prepared Lemon Curd
- • 2 cups chilled whipping cream
- • 1 tablespoon superfine sugar
- • 1 1/2-pint basket fresh raspberries, for garnish
For Raspberry Sauce:
- • 2 1/2-pint baskets fresh raspberries
- • 2 tablespoons sugar
- • 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Beat cream in a medium bowl to soft peaks. Add the superfine sugar and beat until stiff. Fold into lemon curd.
- Cover the bottom of an 8-inch-diameter springform with a tight layer of Amaretti Cookies. Spoon about 1- 11/4 cups lemon cream over and smooth out the top. Repeat the same 3 more times, gently pressing down until the cookies are touching the cream.
- Wrap and freeze torte over night.
- To make the Raspberry Sauce: Puree raspberries in food processor.
- Strain into bowl, pressing on seeds with the back of a wooden spoon. Mix in sugar and lemon juice. Refrigerate for about 1 hour.
- To serve: Get the torte out from freezer about 15-20 minute before serving, then release pan sides. Transfer torte to a platter or a cake stand.
- Run icing spatula around torte sides to smooth and arrange raspberries on the top. Serve with Raspberry Sauce.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Raspberries
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw
Welcome to Funky Town
How to make kimchi—without a recipe
Make kimchi—without a recipe.
Did you say vacation or cocktail?
Know (and shop) the basics.
Eat cookies for breakfast.
The chicest apron around.