If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This combination of a Chunky Gazpacho with spicy shrimps, cool and creamy avocados is an easy, but very tasty and satisfying summery dish.
For the Gazpacho
- • 2 1/2 pounds ripe, but firm meaty organic tomatoes
- • 2 cups good quality tomato juice, if needed
- • About 1/2 cup fresh lime juice or to taste
- • About 1 1/2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- • 4 tablespoons best quality extra-virgin olive oil
- • 2 teaspoons sea salt
- • 2 bell peppers, diced into 1/4-inch pieces
- • 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
- • 1 large English cucumber, peeled in stripes, halved, seeded and diced into 1/4-inch pieces
- • 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- • 2 teaspoons ground coriander
For Shrimp Ceviche:
- • 12 oz medium shrimps, peeled and deveined
- • 2 large lemons, juiced
- • 2 limes, juiced plus more for avocados
- • 1 whole serrano chile, diced small
- • 2 ripe Hass avocados, peeled and sliced into about 1/3-inch slices
- • 2-3 tablespoons cilantro leaves
- • 1 small red onion or a large shallot, small diced
- Make Shrimp Ceviche: Place shrimps in a medium glass or stainless steel bowl. Add lemon and lime juices and stir in the Serrano chile, onion and cilantro leaves. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for about 2 to 3 hours or until the shrimps turn a light pink color and are not translucent.
- Make Gazpacho: Cut in half, gently squeeze out the seeds and then dice 1/3 of all tomatoes, transfer to a large bowl. Add bell peppers, scallions, cucumber and coriander. Cover the bowl and place in refrigerator.
- In a blander puree remaining tomatoes until smooth, add lime juice, Tabasco sauce, salt, olive oil and tomato juice (if needed), blend until combined. Pour to a pitcher and chill until ready to serve (at list 1 hour and up to 6 hours).
- When ready to serve taste and adjust the seasonings. Ladle pureed Gazpacho to soup balls for each person, spoon the chunky mixture, lemon and lime marinade from Ceviche, and arrange a few shrimps and avocado slices on top. Squeeze a liberal amount of lime juice on top and sprinkle fresh cilantro leaves.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Avocados
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Shellfish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chili Pepper Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw
Grilled Cheese, Please
Sandwiches that stop the world and melt with you
Grilled cheese, please.
It's time to travel.
Whey cool desserts.
Put cake on a pedestal.