If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: An abundance of peppers makes for a great Italian pepper salad with olives, to have with the herb tomatoes and Parmesan cake. Tomatoes olives and peppers, it is summer! It never fails that a hot one makes it into the salad, but I try to make a separate hot pepper version for myself, easily mixed with some of the sweets.
A variety of peppers can be used, cut into large pieces. Assorted pitted olives, fresh celery, red onions and herbs, dressed with good olive oil and red wine vinegar.
- 1 pound variety of peppers, cleaned and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 whole red onion, large dice
- 3-4 ribs celery, halved and sliced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 fennel bulb,thinly sliced
- 1/4 pound pitted Italian olives cut into large pieces; my favorites are oil cured, Alpnonso, Sicilian green, picholine, and Calabrese. I sometimes use all of them depending on what I have in the fridge.
- Chopped, 4 basil leaves, 2 small sprigs oregano, marjoram and thyme, leaves stripped. You can up the herbs after tasting the salad
- 1 whole sun-dried tomato, minced
- Red Wine and Olive oil vinaigrette
- salt and pepper
- Clean peppers, seed and chop. Prepare onion, garlic, celery, and fennel toss with peppers. Pit and chop olives add to peppers.
- On a cutting board lay out the basil leaves, drizzle with a little olive oil, add the other herbs tomato, sea or kosher salt, ground pepper and mince it all. Blend the herbs into the peppers etc.
- About 3 tablespoons of olive oil and a tablespoon of red wine vinegar for starters. Taste and adjust or make your favorite red or white wine vinaigrette.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chili Pepper Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw
Tags: Fresh pepper salad
Our herbs could use a helping hand.
When I dip, you dip, we dip.
Time to Celebrate!
Food52 takes home the gold.
Lamb and Sweet Potato Stew
Recipe of the Day
Caramelized Sauerkraut With Prunes, Herbs, and Honey