If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: There's a fantastic restaurant called L'Artusi in NY that makes unbelievable crudo. Whenever we go, I want them all. So when I saw these fresh scallops at the store, I decided to try to create one. What came of it was a really elegant, delicious starter that I will definitely be making again. As with all raw seafood, the dish is only as good as the quality of your shellfish, and you really do taste the essence of the sweet scallops. I had some old scallop shells that I had saved, and it seemed like the perfect opportunity to use them. - Meatballs&Milkshakes
- 2 scallops
- 1/2 lime, juiced and strained
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 lemon, zested
- 1/2 lime, zested
- 2 pinches flaked sea salt such as Maldon or Trapani
- 1 tablespoon best Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 mint leaves, finely chopped
- 2 scallops shells (optional)
- Wash and dry scallops and slice into about 4 slices horizontally (so they are circles). Shingle them onto the shell or plate.
- Combine the citrus juices and drizzle over the scallops.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the scallops. It's important to use the very best olive oil because you want the herbacious quality of the oil to enhance the citrus.
- Sprinkle with the salt. Zest the lemon and lime over the scallops. Sprinkle with the mint.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Shellfish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Mint
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Citrus Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw
Breakfast for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
When I dip, you dip, we dip.
Style with a breeze.
Genius, explained at last.
White and Grey Ceramic Vase
For fresh blooms.