If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: In order to achieve an ‘al dente’ texture, boiling water is poured over the grains and allowed to steep. Apply the marinade while the grains are still warm – which allows for more flavor absorption. —Foodie-isms
- 1 cup bulgur
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon Dijon
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup grape seed oil
- 1 cucumber
- 2 shallots
- 12 Bresaola slices
- Boil water and pour enough water to just cover the bulgur wheat. Cover the bowl and let steep for about 45 minutes.
- Blend garlic, ginger, Tabasco sauce, mustard, vinegar, salt, pepper, and oil. Set aside.
- Strain the water from the bulgar wheat and add chopped cucumber, shallots, herbs, and marinade. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- To serve: Arrange Bresaola on a plate and add a cup of bulgar wheat salad.
- Optional: Garnish with feta cheese and roasted red peppers (the ones preserved in olive oil).
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw
The Best Vegan Cookbook Tips
Better "bacon," tofu's texture, and more
The best vegan cookbook tips.
What to watch (and cook to) on Netflix.
It's time to travel.
Why you should be drinking tequila.
Put cake on a pedestal.