If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: ....with citrus, aloe and cucumber. Enjoy a drink with a balance of sweet and sour that combines fruit and vegetable. Using only raw ingredients you can process this in a blender with ice to quench your thirst. For variation, the addition of some hot pepper adds an element of heat, if you want. Swizzle in an herbal sprig of lemon verbena to finish. - Sagegreen
- 2 fresh limes
- pink Himalayan salt, for rims of glass, if desired
- 4-5 clementines (or other tangerines)
- 1 square inch piece of fresh aloe clear gel
- 1 inch peeled English cucumber, sliced thin
- diced small piece of jalapeno or poblano pepper, deseeded, optional, to taste (@1/2 inch suggested)
- 4-6 ice cubes, crushed
- 2 sprigs of lemon verbena
- Cut 2 lime wheels and save for garnish. If you want salted rims, wet the rims of the glasses with a bent lime slice. Pour the salt in a saucer and dip the glass rims in it until coated to your liking. Set aside.
- Cut the clear gel out of a fresh aloe leaf by chopping off the sides and then cutting off the top and bottom green sheathing. Rinse with cool water to remove any yellowish secretions. See photo. Place in a blender.
- Add the cucumber slices to the blender. If you want heat, add some pepper. Juice the clementines directly into the blender. Add the juice of one full lime. Pop in the crushed ice cubes. Process as you would a smoothie for about a minute.
- Pour into the glasses. Garnish with lime wheels and herbal springs. Thai basil can substitute for lemon verbena.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Poolside Cocktail
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw
12 Make-Ahead Egg Dishes for Easter Brunch
Hop to it!
Winner of Your Best Recipe with Honey
A sweet Q&A with Alexandra Higgins.
Style with a breeze.
Watch Amanda and Merrill Make Macaroni and Cheese Without a Recipe
Gouda riddance to powdered cheese.
Wooden Bird's House
For your feathered friends.