If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When the zucchini at the farmers' market is slim, deep-green, and at its sweetest, forget about turning on the cooktop and instead shave it raw instead. With a drizzle of your finest extra-virgin olive oil and a scattering of raw walnuts, this is one summer ingredient at its finest. —earthlyepicurean
- 2 zucchini
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 4 ounces Parmigiano-Reggiano or another hard, raw milk cheese
- 1/4 cup raw walnuts (fresh)
- 2 tablespoons high-quality extra-virgin olive oil
- Pinch sea salt, preferably Maldon salt
- With a mandoline or peeler, shave the trimmed zucchini into thin ribbons. Place into a bowl.
- Toss together with remaining ingredients.
- Add the olive oil, adding more if you prefer. Toss.
- Season to taste. Serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw
You Can Have It All
Well, at least your zucchini bread—er, cake—can
Zucchini cake is everything you want.
The dreamiest foods around.
We've got the (summer) blues.
Burnt Toast: Episode 13
Have a ball (jar).