If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Kale is an amazingly healthy superfood! And has a bad reputation of being bitter. This salad is super easy and unbelievably delicious, yet healthy!! The massaging does great things for kale, allowing for a much more pleasant bite - but also leaves the cell structure/health benefits pure!
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed, shredded in 1/4inch pieces & massaged
- 1/2 cup golden raisins, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 cup toasted walnut pieces
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan
- 1-2 lemons, juiced
- big splashes olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ancho chili powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1.5 teaspoons agave
- salt, to taste
- pepper to taste
- red chilis, to taste
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 2 teaspoons tamarind sauce (or soy sauce)
- Massage Kale and add carrot and raisins
- Whisk dressing vigerously
- Pour dressing on Kale mixture, stir well for extra 'massaging'!
- Let sit in fridge for about an hour
- Toss again & add toasted walnuts
- Plate & add long strips of parmesan cheese - easily done with vegetable peeler.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw
The Best Vegan Cookbook Tips
Better "bacon," tofu's texture, and more
The best vegan cookbook tips.
What to watch (and cook to) on Netflix.
It's time to travel.
Why you should be drinking tequila.
Put cake on a pedestal.