If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Ceviche is a delicous warm weather, no-cook dish. I love the heat of chili peppers combined with the sweet mango and sour lime. I prepared this today as a quick snack to enjoy in the backyard before our family had to say farewell to our exchange student from Saudi Arabia who has been with us for the past year. He had never eaten ceviche before, so it was time to get that checked off his list! - BlueKaleRoad —BlueKaleRoad
Food52 Review: BlueKaleRoad's ceviche is so refreshing and delicious -- the combination of flavors and textures is brilliant. There is the cool mango, the heat of the serrano pepper, the creamy avocado, the tender mild fish. I loved this dish. This is the perfect summer meal -- it's simple to prepare and so impressive because of the beautiful vivid colors. It would make an elegant addition to any summer gathering. —sdebrango
- 3/4 pound fresh halibut, cut in 1/2 inch dice (I used halibut cheeks)
- 3/4 cup lime juice (about 4 limes)
- 2 cups mangoes, diced
- 10 ounces cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 orange bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 1 serrano chili pepper, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Tortilla chips for serving
- Combine the halibut and lime juice in a medium sized bowl and stir gently. Chill for half an hour to allow the lime juice to "cook" the fish.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except the tortilla chips) and stir gently. Taste for salt. Spoon into a serving bowl and serve with tortilla chips and an icy beer. Cheers!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mangoes
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chili Pepper Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw
Cool Ice Cream Tips
They'll change the way you cook—er, churn
The coolest ice cream tips.
The zucchini spaghetti of Italy.
Savor the season.
Tennessee whiskey is the tops.
Orange you sweet.