If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The challenge: My husband, pseudonym Mr. Radar, had an early summer cold, rendering him grumpy and down-right incorrigible.
The Solution: Vitamin C disguised in ice pop form. Valencia oranges, mangoes, pineapple, coconut, ginger and a kiss of honey. A sure fire combination to cure the grumpies. - Hilarybee
Makes 16 small ice pops, 6-8 large ice pops depending on mold size
- 2 Valencia (or other juicing oranges) juiced
- 2 tablespoons Raw Honey
- 1 tablespoon Hot Water
- 3/4 cup Coconut Milk (light or regular, whatever you prefer)
- 3 Extra ripe mangos, roughly chopped
- 1 cup Pineapple chunks (about 1/3 a fresh pineapple)
- 1/2 cup Unsweeted Coconut Flakes
- 1 teaspoon fresh Ginger, grated
- pinches cayenne
- Mix the honey and hot water, until the honey has dissolved. Combine the honey water, orange juice, coconut milk, mangoes, pineapple and ginger in a blender. Pulse 4 or 5 times, until the mixture is incorporated, but there are still chunks of fruit. Add the coconut flakes and pulse once more.
- Pour into ice pop molds and place in the freezer. It takes about 6 hours to freeze completely in my freezer. Dip the mold in hot water to loosen the ice pops for easier removal.