Author Notes: The challenge: My husband, pseudonym Mr. Radar, had an early summer cold, rendering him grumpy and down-right incorrigible.
The Solution: Vitamin C disguised in ice pop form. Valencia oranges, mangoes, pineapple, coconut, ginger and a kiss of honey. A sure fire combination to cure the grumpies. - Hilarybee
Makes 16 small ice pops, 6-8 large ice pops depending on mold size
- 2 Valencia (or other juicing oranges) juiced
- 2 tablespoons Raw Honey
- 1 tablespoon Hot Water
- 3/4 cups Coconut Milk (light or regular, whatever you prefer)
- 3 Extra ripe mangos, roughly chopped
- 1 cup Pineapple chunks (about 1/3 a fresh pineapple)
- 1/2 cup Unsweeted Coconut Flakes
- 1 teaspoon fresh Ginger, grated
- pinches cayenne
- Mix the honey and hot water, until the honey has dissolved. Combine the honey water, orange juice, coconut milk, mangoes, pineapple and ginger in a blender. Pulse 4 or 5 times, until the mixture is incorporated, but there are still chunks of fruit. Add the coconut flakes and pulse once more.
- Pour into ice pop molds and place in the freezer. It takes about 6 hours to freeze completely in my freezer. Dip the mold in hot water to loosen the ice pops for easier removal.