If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Impress your sweetheart with simple and fresh ceviche! The best part of this recipe is there is no cooking involved. Even though your madre told you, “You’ll never find an hombre unless you learn to cook”, it’s not true. This recipe will prove your mamá wrong. This ceviche is a wonderful appetizer with tortilla chips or a light meal served on tostadas.
- 3 pounds large raw tiger shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 large tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 2 serrano peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled and diced
- Handful cilantro, chopped plus several sprigs for garnish
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted and cubed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 6 limes, juiced
- 4 lemons juiced
- 1 bag of tortilla chips or tostadas
- Peel, devein and cut shrimp into 1/4-inch pieces.
- Lay out shrimp in the bottom of glass baking dish. Pour lemon and lime juice over them and refrigerate for 2 hours. The acid from the lemons and limes will “cook” the shrimp.
- Toss prepared shrimp with the remaining ingredients and refrigerate for one more hour or longer. You can even prepare this overnight allowing all the flavors to fuse together.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw
The Best Vegan Cookbook Tips
Better "bacon," tofu's texture, and more
The best vegan cookbook tips.
Blend your plums—seriously.
It's time to travel.
Burnt Toast: Episode 11
Off to market.