If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I just discovered the garlic scape (thanks to my CSA). Remember those green shoots that start to bud right out of your garlic cloves? Those are the beginnings of garlic scapes!
They have a sweeter, milder taste than garlic and make a perfect pesto (I've found that when you saute them, they taste like green beans). —OfBaking
- 1 cup basil, packed
- 1 cup garlic scapes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Romano cheese
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Puree garlic, nuts, salt, and romano in food processor.
- Add basic & scapes; process.
- Slowly add oil as you process until you have a smooth, even paste.
- Toss with pasta and serve!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw
These Figs are Feeling a Little Tart
Learn to love fruit with chocolate
Learning to love fruit with chocolate.
The best donuts—ever.
We've got the summer blues.
How we do a Genius dinner party for 30.
A better basket.