If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is not the most unique of salads, but it is tasty and easy to whip together. You can use frozen corn kernels if fresh corn isn't available. Most of the items are typically in my pantry and fridge, so this is nice if I need a last minute addition to a meal or a quick snack. Great for summer too! - There'sAlwaysPie
- 1 - 15 oz. can of black beans - drained and rinsed
- 2-3 ears of fresh corn
- 3-4 plum tomatoes
- 2 avocados
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 3-4 dashes jalapeno pepper sauce or to taste
- fresh squeezed juice of 1 lime
- salt and pepper to taste
- queso fresco
- Cut kernels off of corn cob, seed and dice tomatoes, pit and chop avocados and small dice red onions.
- Mix corn, tomatoes, avocados, onions, garlic and beans in a bowl.
- Add olive oil, cumin, chili powder, jalapeno pepper sauce, lime juice and salt and pepper and mix thoroughly.
- Let mixture sit for about 30 minutes to let flavors blend and then cumble queso fresco on top before serving. Tastes great on its own or with tortilla chips or on tacos!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw
A Genius Dinner Party: Part 2
Of course, it involves no-knead pizza dough.
A genius dinner party: part 2
A list of things we like.
All you need for Memorial Day.
Home & design links we love.
Mortar and pestle perfection.