Author Notes: Hello refreshing summery drink. This bevy has all the flavors of summer I love so dearly. Cucumber, Mint, Basil. Can you really go wrong?
Make sure you have a batch of this simple syrup on hand for the weekend. Great for those not drinking alcohol though if you are it's a fun summery syrup to add to your drinks for that hit of freshness.
Recipe thanks to Bon Appetit
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cucumber, thinly sliced plus more for garnish
- 24 fresh mint leaves, plus more for garnish
- 12 fresh basil leaves, plus more for garnish
- 1 liter soda water
- To make your simple syrup put the water and sugar together in a saucepan and heat on medium until sugar dissolves. Let it boil and then remove from the heat.
- Add cucumber slices, mint, and basil. Let steep for 30 minutes then strain into a jar, pressing on the solids.
- When you're ready to serve fill a 12 ounce glass with ice. Add 2 tablespoons syrup and top with about 1/2 cup soda. Stir to combine and garnish with cucumber and mint.