If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I'm a fan of Top Chef. I love their quick fire challenges. So I was trying to think of an item that would be great, quick and use as few items as possible. This is what I came up with.
I've been serving it at most every occasion and it's been a universal winner.
- Judy at Two Broads Abroad
- 1 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 4 ounces Mascarpone
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 5 Ripe figs I'd suggest black mission
- Preheat oven to 350
- To make crackers: On greased baking sheet spoon one tablespoon of grated Parmesan on one side of the sheet. Using your fingers, press the cheese into a circle. Continue making 16 cheese circles. Leave enough space between crackers as the cheese will spread. Bake in oven for 12 minutes or until the edges are browned
- Remove baked crackers with spatula and place on cooling rack. Don't leave on baking sheet because they will stick.
- Balsamic reduction. Place balsamic in sauce pan over medium/low heat and reduce to 1/4 cup about 5 minutes. Cool
- Assembly. Place crackers on a tray. Spoon one teaspoon of mascarpone on cracker. Depending on size of fig, slice in half or in quarters. Place fig piece on mascarpone. Continue until all crackers are complete. Drizzle reduced balsamic over finished crackers.
- Crackers can be made up to two days before serving. Place in air tight container.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw