If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Over 40 years ago my mom and I did "Europe on $5.00 a Day", spending 10 weeks in various countries. One stop was Bulgaria to visit my grandmother's brother and sister. There I discovered Tarator, a cold yogurt based soup made with yogurt, cucumbers, dill, garlic and walnuts. A summer staple there, it's amazingly refreshing. Inspired by this I've taken the yogurt out and replaced it with almond milk. I used commercial unsweetened almond milk for this but you can certainly make your own by soaking 1 1/2 cups almonds overnight, then drain and place them in a blender with about 5 cups water. Puree for about 5 minutes and then strain. —inpatskitchen
Serves 4 to 6
- 4 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 large English cucumber, chopped
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- Juice of 3 or 4 lemons
- 3/4 cup minced fresh dill
- 1/2 of an English cucumber cut in a fine dice
- 1/4 cup grated onion
- 1 grated garlic clove
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- Salt for re-seasoning
- In a blender puree the milk, chopped cucumber, salt, white pepper, lemon juice and dill. ( I did this in two batches)
- Pour the mixture into a large bowl and stir in the grated onion, grated garlic, finely diced cucumber, ground almonds and cayenne.
- Chill for a few hours before serving. Re- season with salt if desired.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw
No Laffy Matter
How to make peanut butter salt water taffy
How to make salt water taffy.
No-bake desserts are cool.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
The freedom to snack.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.