If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I think this recipe really shows off the mind-altering power of raw garlic, complemented by other summer produce from the farmer's market. Your dinner guests may get nervous when they see you mashing up all the cloves--and I wouldn't recommend it as a prelude to making-out--but I guarantee they'll end up cleaning their plates. I make this every year at the beach, and turn it into a meal by serving with lightly seasoned grilled chicken or steak. - Adam E
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow summer squash, sliced into 1/8 inch-thick coins
- 1 zucchini, sliced into 1/8 inch-thick coins
- 6 cups arugula, washed and loosely packed
- 4 tablespoons minced chives
- 1/3 cup shaved parmigiano-reggiano
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- Add crushed garlic to lemon juice with a pinch of salt. Let sit for 15 minutes while assembling other ingredients.
- Whisk olive oil into lemon juice, then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large bowl, toss squash, zucchini, arugula, chives, cheese, and capers with lemon dressing.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw
It's Egg Alchemy
Make scrambled egg magic—in 15 seconds.
Magically creamy scrambled eggs—in 15 seconds.
Cool eats for hot days.
Lettuce love vegetables.
The Daily Grind
Bold and brewtiful coffee.