If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We get our new CSA veggies soon, so it’s time to start using up what’s left. Unbelievably, there’s still asparagus in the fridge after a whole five days! I vow to never again neglect these tasty stalks, chock full of antioxidants and an impressive legacy (Asparagus is noted even in the oldest known cookbook dated back to the third century. It’s a wonder to me that we ever discovered asparagus as edible since they produce berries at a later stage in their life cycle that are poisonous to humans).
Since veggies like these can lose their sweetness over time and I’ve been letting them sit, I’m going to roast them to bring back the sweetness that makes asparagus so notably addictive. Once roasted, they’re going to bathe in a parsley & balsamic vinegar sauce that should enhance the earthy and sweet flavors of this vegetable and I’ll top them with a Parmesan crisp. —OfBaking
- 15-20 asparagus stalks
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 3 teaspoons freshley squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Toss asparagus with 1 tsp olive oil, salt, and pepper and place on a baking sheet.
- On a separate baking sheet lined with parchment paper, shape four Parmesan discs; bake on the top level of the oven until slightly browned (this will happen quickly).
- Bake asparagus until tender and slightly blackened (15-20 minutes).
- While the asparagus is baking, combine parsley, lemon juice, 1 tsp olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and rosemary in a food processor (use a coffee grinder if possible because of the low volume); add salt and pepper to taste.
- Line a serving dish with asparagus and drizzle parsley sauce on top. Place Parmesan discs on top of asparagus and serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw
Introducing the F52
Our family just got bigger, but you'll recognize some familiar faces
Introducing the F52.
Trailblazing snacks to pack.
New to the Shop.
We love the new Rizzoli Bookstore.
It's in the bag.