If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Experimenting with ingredients and a great new blender this became the first course for supper tonight. There were beautiful shitake mushrooms at the market today which I could not resist. A vegan friend last summer had made me something like this with just three ingredients: the florets, another type of mushroom and the almond milk. It was a bit bland. In trying to jazz this soup up, I first used raw garlic, but found it too caustic. I introduced the clementine juice to temper the sourness.I like using a little ginger. Use just the cauliflower florets, no stems with this soup. This is really simple, but full of flavor. Arame adds a great contrast in color, texture and flavor. For a green variation, you can drop the olive oil but add a fresh avocado spritzed with Meyer lemon to the blender. That version is best with a chiffonade of herbs on top. I won't upload that as a separate recipe. —Sagegreen
- 1 cup cauliflower florets, cut up, loosely packed
- 1 cup sliced fresh shitake mushrooms
- 1-2 teaspoons peeled and grated fresh ginger, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon grated pink Himalayan salt
- 2 tablespoons EVOO
- juice from 2 fresh clementines or tangerine
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups unsweetened almond milk, depending upon desired thickness
- small handful of fresh herbs such as basil, cilantro, and/or parsley
- pinches of black gomasio or arame as optional garnish for contrast
- Place all of the ingredients save for half of the herbs in a food processor or blender. Puree. If you want a thinner soup add more almond milk.Taste and adjust the taste by adding a little more salt, juice or oil.
- Chill. Serve and garnish with fresh herbs. For more contrast add black gomasio or some arame on top.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw
This May Be the Best Thing You Can Do with Zucchini
A genius make-ahead summer side
A genius zucchini dish.
Is your cilantro contaminated?
It's time to travel.
Do this for better cold brew.