If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe comes from a family friend who is a chef in Asturias Spain. The most important part is the preparation of the tomatoes - no short cuts! When blending the ingredients you can save 1/3 to give it texture, but I like to blend everything together. In the states, I prefer to use heirloom tomatoes; I am currently in Chile and use a variety called filete. - hbomb
- 2 pounds tomatoes
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 cucumber peeled and seeded
- 1 cloves of galic (or to taste)
- 1 spicy pepper any kind (to taste)
- drizzle of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 handful crumbled stale bread
- Skin and seed the tomatoes. Use a knife to cut the skin off, you can save the juice to add to the soup or save it for something else. Then cut the tomatoes into cubes or just rip with hands, put in a big bowl. (do not put the tomatoes in boiling water to loosen the skin, it will change the flavor)
- Seed and cube the peppers, add to the tomatoes
- Skin, seed and cube cucumber, add to the bowl
- Mince the garlic, and spicy pepper; add to the bowl
- Throw in the crumbled stale bread, olive oil, and vinegar
- Let sit over night or atleast 8 hours
- Use a hand held blender to blend everything together
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw