If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Purslane is eaten as a green in Asia, Mexico, the Middle East and Europe. Here it is usually ignored as a weed. This is a light summer salad with a zesty, lemon dressing. Remember to add red onions - I forgot them for the picture! —This Little Piggy (Lisa)
- 1lb Fingerlings potatoes
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 Lemon - juiced and zested
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 cup purslane
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- 1 handful olives
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 handful herbs - I used mint and oregano for a Greek flavor
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil and then add the salt and potatoes. Cook for about 10 minutes until tender. Drain thoroughly, leave to air dry and then pour into a serving bowl.
- Add the olive oil to the lemon juice, zest and vinegar, whisking until well emulsified, taste and season and then pour over potatoes.
Just Chill Out
It's hot as blazes outside—these recipes help
Chill out with these recipes.
Hot dogs made better.
Your poolside essentials.