Author Notes: Purslane is eaten as a green in Asia, Mexico, the Middle East and Europe. Here it is usually ignored as a weed. This is a light summer salad with a zesty, lemon dressing. Remember to add red onions - I forgot them for the picture! - This Little Piggy (Lisa)
- 1lb Fingerlings potatoes
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 Lemon - juiced and zested
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 cup purslane
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- 1 handful olives
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 handful herbs - I used mint and oregano for a Greek flavor
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil and then add the salt and potatoes. Cook for about 10 minutes until tender. Drain thoroughly, leave to air dry and then pour into a serving bowl.
- Add the olive oil to the lemon juice, zest and vinegar, whisking until well emulsified, taste and season and then pour over potatoes.