If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a super easy and quick recipe for black beans that can be used in tacos, burritos, on salads or even by itself it's like chili. To make it even faster and easier just hit the salad bar at the supermarket for some already diced peppers and onions and any toppings for tacos. This way you can also get just as much as you need so nothing goes to waste. —thesinglebite
Makes 2 cups
- 1 15 oz can black beans
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 1/3 cup diced green pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- Add everything to a saucepan, stir and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to medium-low heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Makes 4 servings - each serving enough to fill 2 taco size tortillas. Note: I like to drain excess liquid prior to filling tacos. However, if some of the mixture you can leave in the liquid and freeze in a tupperware. Nutrition Info: 106 calories, 0g Fat, 4.5g Fiber, 6g Protein (add 2 corn tortillas for about 120 calories)
This May Be the Best Thing You Can Do with Zucchini
A genius make-ahead summer side
A genius zucchini dish.
Hot dogs made better.
Your poolside essentials.
Is your cilantro contaminated?