If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The flavors of summer in the South - watermelon and fresh mint - are used in a traditional Spanish preparation for the ultimate cold summer soup. - TheRunawaySpoon
Serves 6 - 8
- 7 cups seedless watermelon cubes (about a 4 pound melon)
- 1/2 cup firmly packed fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup slivered blanced almonds
- 3 garlic cloves
- 4 slices white sandwich bread, crusts removed
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- In a blender, place the mint leaves topped by the watermelon chunks and puree. This may need to be done in batches. Strain the watermelon puree through a wire mesh strainer into a pitcher or large bowl, scraping on the solids to extract as much liquid as possible and to remove any stray seeds.
- Puree almonds, garlic, red wine vinegar and salt. Tear the bread into small chunks and place in blender and add about 1 cup of watermelon puree. Puree until smooth, adding olive oil in a slow steady stream and some additional watermelon puree (as much as the blender will hold). Pour this gazpacho mixture into the remaining watermelon puree and stir until thoroughly blended. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Mint
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw
Dumplings, No Recipe Required
Dumplings for one, dumplings for all.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Gluten-Free Strawberry Tart
Eclectic Truffle Chocolate Bars
Cuban-inspired recipes to cook now.