Author Notes: The Bent Spoon, in Princeton, NJ, is one of the very best ice cream shops with inventive flavors, local ingredients, and incredibly delicious products. They make what they call "Banana Whip" which looks and tastes like very light, airy ice cream but is just frozen bananas run through a juicer. People are always SHOCKED to hear that it only has one ingredient. You can dress it up with cocoa powder and almond butter if you want more heft or a diferent flavor. - posie harwood
For the ice cream
- 3 frozen bananas
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, to taste (optional)
- 3 tablespoons almond butter (optional
- Freeze bananas, pre-sliced (you can freeze bananas for a long time! The riper they are when frozen, the sweeter the end result)
- Place sliced frozen bananas in a food processor. Pulse until the mixture looks mousse-like and creamy. This will take a miniute or two, and it will look lumpy and quite messy and first but do not despair! It will suddenly transform into a creamy whipped texture so watch it carefully.
- Add cocoa powder and/or almond butter if you would like a different flavor.
- Eat and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw