Author Notes: This recipe comes from the Piedmont tradition of carne cruda battura al coltello (aka raw beef fillet cut with a knife) and is made with the traditional Fassone cow breed. This is a way of interpreting the traditional recipe in a modern way, by using carne cruda as a burger for a sandwich. - Valeria Necchio
- Take a piece of high-quality, grass-fed beef fillet (about 100 gr per person) and cut it in tiny little pieces with a sharp knife, until you don't reach the consistence of a tartare or ground meat.
- In a bowl, season the cut meat with coarse salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Shape meat in a patty shape and place patties on a burger bun (home-made or not) over a leaf of lettuce.
- Cover with pickled cucumbers --either home-made or not-- and thinly sliced onions.
- Enjoy with a glass of your favorite beer or red wine, better if from Piedmont.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw