If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe comes from the Piedmont tradition of carne cruda battura al coltello (aka raw beef fillet cut with a knife) and is made with the traditional Fassone cow breed. This is a way of interpreting the traditional recipe in a modern way, by using carne cruda as a burger for a sandwich. - Valeria Necchio
- Take a piece of high-quality, grass-fed beef fillet (about 100 gr per person) and cut it in tiny little pieces with a sharp knife, until you don't reach the consistence of a tartare or ground meat.
- In a bowl, season the cut meat with coarse salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Shape meat in a patty shape and place patties on a burger bun (home-made or not) over a leaf of lettuce.
- Cover with pickled cucumbers --either home-made or not-- and thinly sliced onions.
- Enjoy with a glass of your favorite beer or red wine, better if from Piedmont.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Simple, Springy Leek Soup
The Best Cinnamon Rolls
10 Cozy Finger Foods