If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Here in Maryland we are getting the very first Eastern Shore silver queen corn. It is unbelievably sweet. My husband and I have a long running argument over which is sweeter: Eastern shore or Long Island sweet corn? Well, since we are in Maryland - Eastern shore corn rules our house. I've tried about every different way to make corn the best: roasting, boiling, grilling, raw, etc.
To me - a simple saute of the freshest kernels is the most sweet, simple, beautiful side you can have in the summer. Melt some good salted butter, saute just to heat the corn through - top with basil. Summer in on a plate. - meganvt01
- 4 cobs of Eastern Shore silver queen corn (or your freshest local variety - in season)
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 4 big basil leaves, chiffonade
- salt and pepper
- Cut the corn off the cob.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the corn and saute just until heated through - but not cooked - about 4 - 6 minutes.
- Off the heat add the basil and season with salt and pepper.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Corn off the Cob
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw
Why the Simplest Recipes Are Still Worthwhile
Cheer up with chickpeas.
Goya's Balsamic Chickpea Salad
The sun is out: Are you?
Good day, sunshine.
Gifts for Mother's Day
Make better cookies.