If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A perfect summer salad with the right amount of tang from the indian magic spice - Garam Masala.The recipe of the dressing is inspired by a garam masala spiced childhood snack.It combines beautifully with the buttery white lima beans and crunchy tomatoes & fresh grilled corn that make their way into the salad. —SinfullySpicy
- 1.5 cups precooked/canned white Lima beans,drained
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 1/2 cup fresh white corn from 1 pc grilled fresh corn [substitute with frozen corn, slightly steamed]
- Any variety of lettuce leaves you like, shredded [Substitute with ready-made salad mix]
- 2 sprigs scallions, finely chopped
- In a big bowl, toss the beans with all the vegetables and combine gently.Refrigerate till ready to serve.
Garam Masala Dressing
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice [ Adjust the lime juice, I like my dressing slightly on the sour side]
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onions [ or shallots]
- 1 piece Thai green chilli, finely chopped
- 2 pieces garlic cloves , minced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1.5 teaspoons red pepper flakes [ adjust to taste]
- 3 pieces leaves of fresh mint,finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Garam Masala dressing :In a small jar with a lid, add all the ingredients listed except salt & sour cream.Tighten the lid & shake well till an emulsion is formed.Refrigerate till ready to serve. Serving the Salad:- Add salt & sour cream to the dressing, shake again to mix and pour over the beans and vegetables.Toss well,add some grated cheese if you like and serve cold.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw
A Grain of Truth
When to switch up salts
The truth about salt swaps.
Our recent favorite recipes.
It's time to travel.
Meet the cake stand extraordinaries
Put cake on a pedestal.