If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When we were recently in Ecuador, my husband tried a chicken dish that was cooked in a curry sauce and topped with marinated apple chunks. I am just kicking myself that I didn't try it, but that's how life goes sometimes. So now I find myself trying to recreate something I didn't try myself. No problem. Right. After many attempts, this is a rendition that I've turned into a raw dish that could go over chicken or fish. I switched to peaches for texture reasons, and it seemed to go better with the approach I took to the ingredients. It's a little unusual, and I'd love to hear what others think of it! - TheWimpyVegetarian
Makes enough for 4 toppings
- 4 White peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup sweet white wine (I used a Gewurtraminer)
- 1/8 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar (unseasoned)
Coconut Curry Drizzle Sauce
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon peeled, finely grated, fresh gingeroot
- pinch Kosher salt
- Combine all the macerating ingredients except the peaches. Stir to mix well. Add the sliced peaches and macerate for 30 minutes.
- Make the drizzle by combining all the drizzle ingredients in a small bowl. Whisk well to completely mix.
- There are at least a couple serving suggestions for this dish: 1) Remove the peaches from the Macerating Liquid and either place them on the side of chicken, pork, or a hearty fish like halibut or snapper, and drizzle well with the Coconut Curry Drizzle Sauce; or 2) Remove the peaches from the Macerating Liquid and toss in the Coconut Curry Drizzle Sauce. Spoon over chicken, pork or fish. Either way, enjoy!!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw
It's Time to Rhyme
The staff at Food52 give us their best haikus.
Do you haiku?
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
Shop Spring Cleaning
Bake yourself breakfast.