Author Notes: While at the Greenmarket this weekend, I came across beautiful zucchini and their wonderfully yellow blossoms. At first, I thought I might cook them, however after a taste of their raw sweetness, I quickly decided to make a shaved zucchini salad. Simple and easy to prepare, the quality of the ingredients for this recipe are of particular importance. - gourmettenyc
- 6 small to medium zucchini
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- parmigiano reggiano
- black pepper
- Wash and dry zucchini. Slice in half vertically. With a vegetable peeler, thinly slice zucchini into long ribbons.
- Toss zucchini ribbons with olive oil, thyme, and lemon zest. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with shavings of parmigiano reggiano.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw