Author Notes: A simple base recipe for a velvety bright chilled soup combines avocado, lime and almond milk. Fresh garbanzo beans give some texture and protein. For an enhanced flavor profile add in a third cup of English cucumbers and two scallions. Sunflower seeds could be substituted for pistachios. - Sagegreen
- 5 ounces mashed avocado
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice
- pinch of pink Himalayan salt, freshly grated if possible
- 1/4 cup fresh garbanzo beans
- 8 ounces unsweetened almond milk
- small handful of crushed pistachos
- sprigs of dill (bronze dill featured here)
- Squeeze the lime juice over the avocado. Add to a blender with salt, beans, and almond milk. Process until smooth. Test for desired seasoning and thickness. Adjust.
- Scoop into small bowls. Garnish with pistachios and dill.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw