If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A simple base recipe for a velvety bright chilled soup combines avocado, lime and almond milk. Fresh garbanzo beans give some texture and protein. For an enhanced flavor profile add in a third cup of English cucumbers and two scallions. Sunflower seeds could be substituted for pistachios. —Sagegreen
- 5 ounces mashed avocado
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice
- pinch of pink Himalayan salt, freshly grated if possible
- 1/4 cup fresh garbanzo beans
- 8 ounces unsweetened almond milk
- small handful of crushed pistachos
- sprigs of dill (bronze dill featured here)
- Squeeze the lime juice over the avocado. Add to a blender with salt, beans, and almond milk. Process until smooth. Test for desired seasoning and thickness. Adjust.
- Scoop into small bowls. Garnish with pistachios and dill.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw
Tequila's Not a One-Hit Wonder
Master the margarita—then go crazy
Why you should be drinking tequila.
Our latest #f52contest.
It's time to travel.
This week's #happylist.
Off to market.