If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Thanks to Merrill's tutorial on almond flour and butter I now have a bit of homemade almond butter. Paired with fresh zucchini and fresh basil just picked from the garden, I've made a nice little zucchini salad for one. The addition of good quality extra virgin olive oil and parmigiano reggiano really makes it special. The pesto makes much more than needed for one salad serving...just double, triple or quadruple the salad ingredients to feed more. —inpatskitchen
Makes one serving (and enough pesto for more salads)
For the pesto
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic (I like 2)
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Place all ingredients in a mini food processor or blender and process until smooth.
For the salad
- 1 small zucchini, about 8 inches long
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon of the almond basil pesto
- 2 tablespoons very finely diced red onion
- 5 or 6 parmigiano reggiano shavings
- Salt and pepper for seasoning if desired
- With a vegetable peeler peel strips along the length of the zucchini about 1/2 inch wide, peeling until you come to the seedy part. Include the dark green peel. (Or use a spiralizer if you have one)
- Place the zucchini in a colander, toss with the 1/2 teaspoon salt and let rest for about 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, rinse the zucchini thoroughly and place on paper towels and pat as dry as possible.
- Place the zucchini on the center of a salad plate and drizzle with a tablespoon of the pesto.
- Top with the red onion and cheese shavings. Salt and pepper if desired.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Zucchini or Summer Squash
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fresh Herbs
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw
In Queso Were Wondering
Cashews are the mvp of vegan ingredients
This queso is nuts.
Keep your bubbly bubbly.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
Our guide to the Eastern Shore.
Get your shine on.