Author Notes: You can really put virtually any fresh fruit in here and any fresh herbs or edible flowers dress up this timeless fruit salad - eggs&herbs13
- 1/2 cup plain honey
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/8 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup lemon balm leaves thinly sliced into small stripes
- 1/2 cup fresh violets (or other edible flowers)
- 3 whole leaves of lemon balm
- 2 banans, sliced into 1/4" rounds
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup mixed fresh berries (raseberries, blueberries, currants, blackberries)
- 1 peach, pitted and sliced
- 3 plums, pitted and sliced
- 1 nectarine, pitted and sliced
- Combine the honey, water, lemon juice and lemon balm leaves in a small saucepan and bring to a gentle boil, stirring often. Gently boil for 5-7min or until the sauce has thickened. Set aside to cool completely.
- Combine all of the fruit in a large bowl. Drizzle the honey syrup evenly over the fruit. Add the lemon balm and violets and toss together gently. Serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw