Author Notes: This is a wonderful dish in the summer, and is a great way to use up fresh fruit and vegetables. - SLD
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 oranges, peeled
- 2 red apples, chopped
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, cut in half
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- dash salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- In a large bowl, combine together the cabbage, oranges, apples, grapes and raisins. Mix well. Cover and refrigerate
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, milk, lemon juice, sugar and spices. Cover and refrigerate.
- Just before serving, stir the dressing and chopped walnuts into the salad. Serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw