If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Some times in summer, when it is hot and you don’t want to cook, but you absolutely have to invite a few persons for dinner, this is the dish you can rely on; and all year around.
Such type of Terrine is easy to assemble, works with any of your favorite ingredients, can be made up to 2 days ahead, and especially perfect for showing of. There are endless possibilities and variations of ingredients for making and assembling Terrines such as using deferent meats, cheeses, condiments, meat or liver Pâté and it will look especially beautiful, when covered with an aspic.
To accompany make a fresh salad or serve with an assortment of pickled vegetables.
Ingredients for the meat layers
- • 6 slices Black Forest Ham
- • 6 slices Italian Mortadella with Pistachios
- • 6 slices Italian Mortadella
- • 6 slices German Style Mortadella
- • 6 slices Gypsy Style Bacon
- • 1/3 pound Italian Hot Salami
- • 1/3 pound Genova Salami
- • 6 slices Italian Coppa
- • 1/2 cup Cheddar& Gruyere Mélange, shredded for the top
- • 1 cup chicken for aspic (optional), chilled
- • 2 teaspoons gelatin for aspic (optional)
Ingredients for the in-between layers
- • 2 tablespoons Roasted Garlic Hummus (prepared)
- • 2 tablespoons Edamame Hummus (prepared)
- • 4 Roasted Red Bell Peppers
- • 2 tablespoons Homemade Pesto with basil, walnuts, olive oil, garlic, lemon zest and juice, Parmesan cheese, salt and freshly ground black pepper
- • 2 tablespoons Red Pepper& Artichoke Tapenade (prepared)
- • 6 thin slices Smoked Gouda
- To assemble: Line a baking loaf pan with aluminum foil and plastic wrap. Tightly and uniformly layer alternately the meats and the ingredients for in-between layers.
- Cover and press-down with any kind of weight. Transfer to refrigerator and chill overnight. To make aspic: In a measuring cup, combine chicken stock with gelatin. Microwave until hot and gelatin is dissolved. Slowly pour over the top of chilled Terrine; let cool; refrigerate until firm, about 3 hours.
- To serve, unmold, place on a rectangular platter and cut in medium-thin slices (for easier slicing, I transfer the mold for about 15 minutes to freezer before unmolding).
- To accompany make a fresh salad or serve with an assortment of pickled vegetables.
- In a mixing bowl toss together 1 medium fennel, 1 white radish, 2 medium carrots (all shaved with a vegetable peeler or sliced on a mandolin). Add 5-6 chopped scallions, 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley and 3-4 firm Perl tomatoes, sliced.
- To make the dressing: whisk together 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice, 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice, 1/2 cup olive oil, 11/2 teaspoons honey, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper in a small bowl.
- Pour about half of the dressing in the salad, gently toss and transfer to a salad bowl. The remaining dressing keep in a jar chilled.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Charcuterie / The Charcutepalooza Grand Prize Challenge
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw
Just Butter Isn't Better
Why making your own ghee is worth it
Make your own ghee.
The dreamiest foods around.
Stop slamming salad.
A can-do tool.