Author Notes: Pork pairs well with fruit, and I decided to try it with raspberries and they go together beautifully. The sweet tart berries and tender pork are a wonderful match. Pork tenderloin is a very mild flavored meat I wanted the flavor of the raspberries to really shine in this dish, The meat is marinaded with garlic and olive oil for an hour. Cook time is very short and you use only the one fry pan. If you are using a larger piece of pork just double the recipe. - sdebrango
Serves 3-4 depending on serving size
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil for marinade
- 1 Clove garlic crushed
- 1 Small Pork Tenderloin (Mine was 1.20 lbs)
- 1/2 pint Fresh raspberries
- Olive oil for pan
- Salt and pepper to taste (for the pepper I used a blend of black,white, green and pink in the pepper mill)
- 1 Small Shallot chopped or half a larger one
- 1 tablespoon Raspberry vinegar( I used Alessi White balsamic Raspberry Vinegar)
- 1/2 cup White wine (If you have a Rose open use that It would be just as good)
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Butter (Optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 425. Crush garlic add to ziplock bag along with pork and 1/4 cup of olive oil seal bag and give it a good squishing make sure that garlic clove and olive oil really permeate the meat. Refrigerate for an hour or two. Remove meat from refrigerator and let come to room temperature about 20- 30 minutes.
- In heat proof fry pan coat with olive oil and place on high flame get the pan nice and hot, season the meat with salt and pepper. Place the pork in hot fry pan and brown on all sides. Finish cooking in the oven. For a small pork tenderloin it will take about 12-15 minutes but you should use a meat thermometer remove meat when it reaches an internal temperature of 150 degrees. Remove from oven and let meat rest in pan tented with foil for approximately 15 minutes. The juices will release into the pan. Note: The pork will continue cooking to reach an internal temp of 155 and will have a slight pink tint, if you prefer your pork more well done remove from oven with an internal temp of 155 and it will reach 160 after resting.
- With tongs remove pork from pan and tent with foil, place fry pan with those lovely brown bits and meat juices on med/high flame and add the chopped shallot (if needed add a little more olive oil to cook the shallots), cook until caramelized. Add the wine to deglaze the pan, add the mustard,and the raspberry vinegar and reduce by 1/2. Don't worry it doesn't look like much sauce when you add the raspberries and cook they will release juice. Adjust seasoning before you add the raspberries I only added a little pepper I did not add additional salt you can add if you like.At this point before you add the berries you can add the optional tablespoon of butter. Add the raspberries and continue cooking for another 3-5 minutes the raspberries will release their juices. Stir gently as it cooks as you want the berries to remain intact. Slice pork into medallions and spoon sauce over the meat.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Vinegar
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Raspberries