Author Notes: This is a fun way to make shrimp without applying heat. The flavors are bright and thai inspired. The shrimp Inside crisp and buttery bib lettuce cups make a perfect eating vessel and is just refreshing... and delicious of course.
A Mango margherita compliments this recipe very well! - Teefor2
- 10-15 medium raw shrimp
- 2 cups Freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon sweet chili sauce (siracha works)
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 head of bib lettuce
- Wash and rinse the bib lettuce and break off nice large leaves to use as "cups"
- Peel and devein the shrimp and give a good rinse in cold water. Chop into half inch pieces. Juice the limes and add the shrimp. Allow to "cook" or sit for about 20 minutes.
- Drain the shrimp lime mixture and add the chili sauce, orange zest, cilantro, and salt to the shrimp. Serve in the lettuce cups.