If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My foodie friend Susan passed this recipe along to me. I'm not quite sure if its hers or not (she is a retired food consultant) but its a lovely way to serve brussel sprouts. —Adele
- 1 1/2 pounds brussel sprouts
- 1 pound white pearl onions
- kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped rosemary
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped thyme
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup chicken stock, warmed
- 1/2 cup roasted sunflower or pumpkin seeds, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Prepare sprouts, parboil two minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Prepare onions; combine with sprouts and toss with olive oil and season with salt and pepper
- Arrange sprouts and onions in a single layer on a large cookie sheet.
- Roast, stirring every 10 minutes, until golden and tender (25 to 30 minutes).
- Transfer to a serving dish and toss with herbs, vinegar and chicken stock. Garnish with sunflower or pumpkin seeds and serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Best Brussel Sprouts
A Grain of Truth
When to switch up salts
The truth about salt swaps.
Our recent favorite recipes.
It's time to travel.
Meet the cake stand extraordinaries
Put cake on a pedestal.