If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is so basic but so delicious and as far as I know comes from a friend of my mother's. I've made a version of this as banana bread for many years but in the past five years (or since I had a child) it's become a staple in our household. While I've always loved it, it became even better with the addition of farmer's market raspberries that were on the verge of going bad, a switch to whole wheat flour, and making it as muffins for freezing. It makes me feel like a better parent to have these ready and waiting in the freezer on those hectic school/work mornings.
P.S. And when you need to have an activity for said child, pulling out some icing and making them into cupcakes to decorate works well! —workmomcook
Makes 1 loaf or 12 muffins
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup overly ripe mased bananas (I use 2-3)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 cups flour (I use whole wheat)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raspberries
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together. Add egg and vanilla and mix. Add milk and stir.
- In a separate bowl, mash bananas and then add baking soda to dissolve.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt if you must. I usually just skip this and put the flour, etc., right into the bowl with butter et al. I *DO* put in a cup of flour, and then the mashed banana mixture, and then the second cup of flour. If it feels too dry, I cut back slightly on the flour as whole wheat flours seem to vary in their dryness.
- Add one generous cup of raspberries*, either fresh or those you have frozen from previous excessive purchases at the farmers market! Stir until just combined.
- Pour batter into either 1 greased loaf pan or 12 muffin tins. Bake at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes for the loaf pan or 20-25 minutes for muffins.
- * other fruits would work but nothing I've tried beats this combination
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Raspberries
We're obsessed with savory yogurt
Savory yogurt is whey cool.
A toast to toast.
Shop our new office.
DIY Nutter Butters.
We give it 8 tentacles up.