Author Notes: Fruit salad with an unexpected combination of flavors... refreshing, healthy and delicious.
When raspberries are ripe I am always looking for different ways to use them. This salad was inspired by a strawberry salad I make.
I serve it with grilled chicken breasts that had been marinated in some of the raspberry vinaigrette.
Note: for a sweet and tangy fruit dessert inspired by this salad see my recipe page at Whole Foods Market/Food52. - lapadia
- 4 raspberries to muddle
- 4 tablespoons avocado oil preferred (safflower or canola)
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic raspberry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Aioli-garlic mustard sauce (add a little Dijon to your aioli or Trader Joes)
- 2 tablespoons coconut nectar (honey or agave) whatever you have available
- 1 large clove garlic – pressed
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- In a small bowl, muddle the raspberries. Then, add and whisk together the rest of the ingredients - set aside until needed.
- 2 large Hass avocados – sliced
- 1 cup raspberries
- 6 cups romaine lettuce - chopped
- Ground fresh peppercorns
- Toasted, salted sunflower seeds
- Divide the romaine between 4 salad plates.
- Add avocados and raspberries.
- Drizzle with vinaigrette.
- Add fresh ground pepper - to your taste, and a sprinkle of sunflower seeds.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Vinegar
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Avocados
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Raspberries